Should you require any clarification of the rules, please contact us.
Any other character-based intellectual property of Pouflons including all familiars/pippets on the site will be treated as closed species as well, and are subject to the same terms as the official Pouflons closed species.
- When you own a Pouflons character, you own the personal, non-commercial rights to that character. Pouflons (the company) owns the commercial rights to the character's species as a concept, but does not claim any personal or commercial rights to any unique and individual character you own.
- Co-owning is not allowed, nor officially recognized in the masterlist. Any ownership disputes regarding unofficial co-owning will not be handled by Pouflons or the admins.
- There is no limit to the amount of Pouflons characters you can own.
- Any Pouflons characters and MYO slots can be traded/transferred, unless their Masterlist entry lists otherwise.
- Baby Pouflons and Vespires (blooms and geodes) cannot be transferred until grown.
- A Pouflons character is only considered official when it has been uploaded to the masterlist, not as an unused myo slot.
- All ownership changes (including trading, gifting, or selling), must be done through the Pouflons masterlist on-site to be considered official.
- If you own Pouflons characters but do not currently have a Pouflons account and wish not to have one, you can contact Pouflons and we will update your masterlist entry with the ownership transfer.
- Any Pouflon or Vespire can be sold for any amount of Coins, regardless of how you got it.
- A Pouflon or Vespire can be sold for the cash amount that was invested into it via commissioned art or art you have made yourself. You cannot increase or charge for the price for art it already came with, or gift art.
- A Pouflon or Vespire's resale price can be increased with traits and features you have purchased with money. This will be automatically added to its value when you request a masterlist update on-site - please contact the group or discord if you believe your character is missing $ value from an added trait.
- A Pouflon or Vespire that was acquired without $ CAN be resold later if the new owner added on art or commissions to it.
- Once a Pouflon or Vespire has been traded, vouchered, or paid for with coins, they can only be traded, vouchered, or sold for coins. There can be NO exchange of funds. (Unless you are selling for the price of commissioned art or art that YOU made.)
- If you are trading/selling/vouchering a character in the discord, make sure to link the official masterlist link of the character!
Masterlist entry Base Sale value
- A Pouflon or Vespire's base sale value will be listed under their masterlist entry. This tracks the price for JUST the character and no extra art (this is the cost of the design+traits - this can include the cost of the myo slot, the custom design cost, etc).
- This price does NOT include the cost of commissioned or added art because we cannot track the art that the character comes with or ensure it's delivered with the character- this is the responsibility of the parties involved in the trade/resale.
- Pouflons CAN be resold for more than this price to the amount of added commissions/art - the owner is responsible for keeping track of extra art $ value themselves.
3. myo slots
- Pouflons made with MYO slots are only considered official/useable in group activities once they have been uploaded to the masterlist.
- You can commission an artist to design your MYO pouflon slot for you, or have a friend design them for free, so long as you follow the species' design rules.
- MYO slots can be transferred to other users. The slot can be resold if you obtained it for money, or can be transferred for any transferrable site currency amount.
You are allowed to make small design edits to your Pouflon or Vespire (e.g. changing a white to a cream, changing nose color, removing small spots) but anything larger requires the appropriate item from the Traits Shop. You can ask in the #help channel of the Pouflons Discord (ages 16+) to have your design assessed beforehand if you like. You can get your design approved through the design approvals function of the site. (on the navbar go to: activity > design approvals)
During that process, a mod will inform you if your change requires a design change item.
- You are allowed to make alternate 'forms' for your Pouflon or Vespire with the same design in any species outside of Pouflons you have permission to make.
- If you turn an existing character of yours into a character, you must credit the original designer of that design as the character's designer.
- Pouflon designs should be original content- they cannot contain copyrighted design material ie. logos, or very strongly reference a copyrighted character design (you can have looser appearances/references, however) They can intentionally resemble an existing design you own, however. Please read the Ownership Rules for more information.
- In addition to this, you may not copy/heavily reference a preexisting character/design.
5. voucher/merch/gift card trades
- We do not appraise value prior to voucher trades, you can go through with the trade on your own for any amount of goods, but when a character is traded for real items/gift cards/vouchers, a screenshot of the items/gift cards/vouchers and their value being received must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org titled: "Voucher Record from *Username*"
- The general rule of thumb for voucher trades is that the money for the character cannot be sent directly to the character's owner—as that would count as a resale—but can be sent to an application of their choice (gift card, payment for a commission, etc.)
- Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover gift cards are not allowed to be purchased in exchange for a character because the money can be withdrawn. Other gift cards are allowed.
6. blacklisting & effects
Grounds for warning: Attempting to claim group currency on art that has already had currency claimed on it, uploading art or characters a user does not own or have permission to upload.
Grounds for bans: Chargebacks (paypal or otherwise) multiple cancelled bids across auctions & sales, scamming users, intentional character theft.
- A user that has been blacklisted from Pouflons is allowed to keep their existing characters but cannot acquire new Pouflons characters by any means, be it buying, gifting, trading, etc.
- The blacklisted user is still able to resell and trade their characters and MYO slots (but cannot acquire new characters) in order to do this, the user must contact Pouflons or an administrator.
- Final sales and trades of Pouflons characters by banned users will be observed by moderators.
7. revocation, force voiding and seizing of characters
Revocation is only used by Pouflons in serious and extreme cases at our discretion such as those involving theft, scamming, or convicted criminal behavior.
- Characters possessed by banned or blacklisted users before they were banned will be revoked only if the banned user obtained them by scamming or theft. Any characters obtained lawfully by the banned user will otherwise be allowed to keep their characters so long as their actions do not involve the other reasons for revocation.
- In the case of scamming or theft we will transfer the character to the previous owner or victim of theft.
- In some cases a character may be force-voided. The owner is allowed to keep the character but it will no longer be considered a pouflon/vespire and may not be able to be added back to the species. This is relevant in cases of criminal behavior such as if the user is involved with pedophillic or zoophillic activity.
- Any characters obtained by a banned user at any time after they have been notified of their ban will have their trade or sale reversed by request of Pouflons and the owner. If that is not possible, it may be revoked without compensation from the banned user & returned to the previous owner. Do not attempt to acquire a Pouflon character if you have been banned.
- At the discression of Pouflons staff and depending on the conditions of the ban, a banned user who obtains a character by purchasing it after being notified of their ban may or may not be subject to a forced sale of the character, where they will be ordered to sell the character at a price decided upon by staff.